The other day, on my way back home, I was stuck in traffic as usual. I observed two women who passed time in chit-chat, waiting for the traffic to clear. After a good fifteen minutes, they drew their attention to the stalled traffic. One of them said, “Oh! It’s just the next stop and it’s taking so long! Will we ever move?” To which, the other stood up, stared through the windshield and optimistically said, “I see it. I see the stop. It not very far. Let’s walk the distance.”
Here are two women who responded differently to the same situation. One saw what was right in front of her, the other saw the future over the traffic.
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1) Very often in life we encounter similar situations but what makes us stand out is the faith with which we approach the matter. Here are 10 verses to help you remain faithful,
- But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”
-1 Corinthians 2:9
- Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
- “Do not be afraid or dismayed; be strong and courageous. For thus the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you fight.”
- Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
- He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
- And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good for those who are called according to his purpose.
- For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
- “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”
-1 Corinthians 2:9
- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Find other verses that give you hope? Let us know your favourite in the comments below! 🙂